This year, Campus Ministries has sought to serve our student body by creating and facilitating Christ-centered relationships directly through our Student Mentorship Program.
The Student Mentorship Program is a vital component to the development of a gospel-centered community here at SBCS. We are currently in the process of planning for this year’s Student Mentorship Program. This summary attempts to capture some of the essential elements that are involved in serving as a small group leader at Salem Baptist Christian School.
Qualifications for Mentors
Campus Ministries selects
willing student mentors who:
More specifically, a student mentor will be someone who:
• Commit to their own growth into the likeness of Christ.
• Put growth into the likeness of Christ as the focus of their interactions with the individuals in their group.
• Feel a “pastoral” responsibility for all the members of their group (a responsibility shared with the Campus Ministries of SBCS)
• Commit themselves to love, serve, and pray for the individuals in their group
• Make regular connections with the individuals in their group a priority
• Take part in mentor group meetings (approx. once per week)
• Seek to live a godly life, and does not bring the gospel into shame (1 Timothy 3:6-7)
• Promise to inform the leadership of the Campus Ministries of SBCS of any reason (practical difficulty or spiritual failing) which they think they should step back from leadership
• Promise to inform the leadership of the Campus Ministries of SBCS if situations arise among the individuals of their group where administration must be involved.
If you are interested in being a part of our Student Mentorship Program, we encourage you to fill out the application found below. This application involves getting a reference from a parent, your pastor, and an SBCS teacher. Once your application is submitted, someone from Campus Ministries will contact you to keep you up to date on the status of your application.
Thank you for your willingness to consider being a part of Campus Ministries for the 2021-2022 school year.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us.